Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SEW a needle pulling thread!

Yesterday was a productive day. I finally got to making some new brooches and I'm pretty pleased with how they've come out. My friend Maylin, from Sew Love Fabric, suggested this sewing machine brooch idea, and I love it! I even covered some leather with fabric to extend to the "sewing" theme - I think Im going to experiment more with that! Its always great to have a variety of textures.

I've decided to make one for my mom as well for Mother's Day as she is an avid sewer, but I'll save hers for another post :) Hopefully these brooches will inspire all you sewing people out there! (I must admit, its a skill that I don't have ...yet. Think its time I learnt!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heath! SO stunning! Love your work! You are so uber talented and super FABulous overall! Lotsa love x Sarah

Lady Leather said...

Thanks so much Sa! You are pretty darn amazing yourself! :) x

Post a Comment