Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day brooch!

My mom is an amazing craftswoman. She can do anything! From sewing, crocheting, knitting, stain glass, pottery, and quilting! She is the chairlady of her quilting guild and makes the most amazing quilts for competitions. I am so proud of her and her achievements in the quilting field - having received a judges award at the last competition, and having 2 of her quilts touring the country as part of a prestigious collection.

With all of that in mind, I really wanted to make my Mom the sewing brooch. I thought it could be really cute for her to wear at her quilting guild meetings :) My Mom loves purples, blues and pinks, so I kept it to those colours. She was really excited when she opened it up yesterday, makes me so happy to put a smile on my Mom's face :)

Happy Mother's Day for yesterday to all the Mom's out there!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I like the blue leather :D

Lady Leather said...

Thanks Ali :)

Post a Comment